Barnes & Noble College Bookstore / BASC Textbook Scholarship
Barnes & Noble recognizes the importance of students at SUNY Brockport having all required textbooks and related instructional materials. Barnes & Noble and Brockport Auxiliary Services Corporation (BASC) are committed to supporting the academic progress of those within the campus community that it serves. In keeping with this commitment and the spirit of partnership, Barnes & Noble is awarding textbook grants for students at SUNY Brockport to use at the Barnes & Noble College Bookstore. Textbook grants are awarded to students for the academic year and for use of new books, used books, digital books, and book rentals.
Eligible students must:
1. Be an enrolled at the undergraduate or graduate level in any academic program at SUNY Brockport.
2. Demonstrate a need for financial assistance as judged by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) minus any other awarded scholarships or grants.
3. Demonstrate academic excellence as judged by the selection committee.
4. Have at least one semester remaining in their academic program at the time of fund disbursement.
5. Not be receiving other financial assistance that directly supports textbook or course materials.
All applicants who are eligible based on the established criteria aforementioned will be considered however, first preference will be provided to students of greatest need based on Pell Grant eligibility and then by academic achievement.
This is an Apply-To Opportunity. Applicants will need to submit one or more additional items to be considered for this award after submitting the General Application.
The assistance is in the form of a non-tuition educational expense grant for 20 or more students. The award will be in the form of an Easy Money Textbook account accessed through the student ID card or virtual BASC Pass, and the award may not be distributed in cash. Each grant will provide up to a maximum of $500.00 for the academic year. Students who will not be attending for a full academic year will receive up to $250.00 for one semester.