Douglas A. Feldman LGBT Paper Award
This fund was established by Dr. Douglas A. Feldman to support the Diversity Mission at The College at Brockport. The criteria for the award are as follows:
• Undergraduate student in any major or minor at The College at Brockport.
• Submit an academic research paper (including papers written for classes) that focus on the social and cultural aspects of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgendered life and experiences in a supportive manner. Paper must be nine pages in length.
• Students may submit one paper per year, but only eligible to receive the award one time.
• The paper can be up to 20 pages (typed, double-spaced, include text citations, Arial font, 12 point type, title page and references cited pages may be additional pages).
• It cannot be homophobic, or anti-gay.
• Papers should either present the empirical findings of LGBT research conducted by the student; or a review of academic empirical research conducted by other scholars; or be historical; or be biographical. It must be comprehensible to most intelligent readers, clearly written, and use non-jargon language.
• Cross-cultural research is especially encouraged.
• Appropriate fields include, but are not limited to, African and African-American Studies, Anthropology, Biology, Business Administration and Economics, Communication, Criminal Justice, Education and Human Development, English, Health Science, History, Modern Languages and Cultures, Nursing, Political Science and International Studies, Psychology, Recreation and Leisure Studies, Social Work, Sociology, Theatre, and Women and Gender Studies.
• Papers can represent either original research, or a review of the academic literature.
• The best paper will be selected based on terms of relevance to the topic and quality, importance of the topic, excellence in research methods and/or theory, and originality of writing.
• Submit papers as an email attachment to: https://brockport.academicworks.com . Please indicate that you are submitting this paper for consideration for the award.