Empire Girls State Scholarship
This award recognizes a student who attended the Empire Girls State Program, who received a certificate of completion from Empire Girls State, and who is an accepted freshman or transfer student during the first academic year at the College at Brockport. Applicants must submit an essay of at least 600 words in length that defines what makes a good leader while describing significant moments when they learned from good leaders, or demonstrated strong leadership. In addition, they mus submit a copy of their Empire Girls State Certificate of Completion and second letter of reference from a community member. The award is applied specifically to Board expenses at Brockport.
- Freshman Opportunity, Transfer Opportunity
- Supplemental Questions
- Did you attend the Empire Girls State Program and receive their certificate of completion from the program?
- Submit an essay no longer than 600 words regarding significant moments in your life when you learned from good leaders and/or times when you personally have demonstrated strong leadership.
- Please submit a supporting letters of recommendation from a mentor or community member who you have worked with in the past.
- Include a copy of your Certificate of Completion fromEmpire Girls State.