All Department of English Scholarships Application
Apply using this application to be considered for all Department of English scholarships. The following scholarships provide financial assistance to Brockport students who are in the Department of English at the College at Brockport:
*Blaine M. DeLancey Memorial Award
*Warren Morgan Memorial Award in English
*Calvin Rich/English Club Student Poetry Award
*Ingersoll Family Endowment
*Harvey A. Dorfman ’57 Scholarship
*Ruth Donahue Maurer ’53 Scholarship
*English Teaching Scholarship
*Maggie M. Fox Award for Creativity in Poetry
*Harry B. Boutet Scholarship (selected in odd numbered academic years i.e. 2020-2021 and alternates selection with the Department of Communication i.e. 2019-2020)
*Curran Family Scholarship
- English Opportunities, School of Arts and Sciences Opportunities, Teacher Certification Opportunities
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you successfully completed SPN 212 or the current course equivalent, and/or possess a SPN Certificate, and/or are bilingual?
- Are you currently married?
- Please submit one original piece of poetry.
- Please submit at least 50 and no more than 100 lines of original poetry (in order to be considered for the Calvin Rich/English Club Student Poetry Award).
- English Teacher Certification Questions
- Are you seeking a career as a teacher?
- As part of your current program, at what level will you be certified to teach in?
- Have you been accepted into the Teacher Certification program by the Department of Education?
- In what Teacher Certification Program are you accept in or seeking to be accepted in?
- In an essay, state how you demonstrate a concern for grammar as it relates to all forms of communication, demonstrate leadership in your academic program and on-campus, and demonstrate a strong and appropriate moral and ethical character as exhibited by behavior in and out of the classroom.
- Show 1 more