Henry L Bretton and Marian More Bretton Scholarship
This scholarship recognizes one or more junior students who demonstrates academic excellence and is committed to study medicine.
Eligible students need to
- have junior status (at least 50 undergraduate credits), including required courses in Biology, Chemistry, Math, Physics and English,
- possess a minimum overall GPA of 3.5,
- have met with Brockport’s Pre-Professional Health advisors to discuss the process of preparing for and applying to medical school,
- participate in one or more voluntary or paid experiences in a hospital, nursing home, hospice, volunteer ambulance corps, or other medical setting,
- submit a personal essay, similar to the AMCAS personal essay for medical school admission, that indicates why they want to be a doctor and details specific interests or career goals in the field of medicine,
- present MCAT examinations scores to their Pre-Professional Health advisor.
This is an Apply-To Opportunity. Applicants will need to submit one or more additional items to be considered for this award after submitting the General Application.
The financial assistance is in the form of a non-tuition educational expense grant that may be used to cover educational costs such as room, board or college fees. The award will be credited to the recipient’s bill during the semester(s) of the award period. The student must use this award for educational expenses at the College and may not receive the award in cash.