Barnes & Noble College Bookstore / BASC Scholarship
This scholarship recognizes students employees working for the Brockport Auxiliary Service Corporation (BASC) or the campus’s College Bookstore who have demonstrated outstanding service to their community and/or SUNY Brockport, commitment to their work, and maintained high academic standards. Up to seven (7) awards may be made annually.
Eligible students must:
- Be enrolled at the undergraduate level with no less than twelve (12) credits or at graduate level with no less than six (6) credits.
- Be employed on or prior to January 1 of the year prior before the scholarship is granted (no less than one year OR have worked no less than 200 hours).
- Demonstrate academic excellence of possessing a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher.
- Demonstrate broad community service and/or campus involvement. Service may include volunteering for nursing homes, schools, athletic organizations, volunteer fire/ambulance, campus fundraising activities, campus organizations, etc. Service may also include community service while in high school.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a BASC or Barnes and Noble employee (In addition to the General Application Reference)
- Model corporate values of TEAM, ORGANIZATIONAL INTEGRITY, PASSION FOR EXCELLENCE, and STEWARDSHIP.
This is an Apply-To Opportunity. Applicants will need to submit one or more additional items to be considered for this award after submitting the General Application.
The financial assistance is in the form of a non-tuition educational expense grant that may be used to cover educational costs such as room, board or college fees. The award will be credited to the recipient’s bill during the semester(s) of the award period. The student must use this award for educational expenses at the College and may not receive the award in cash.