IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE & INCOMING STUDENTS
- Incoming undergraduate First Time and Transfer students, and incoming Graduate students DO NOT apply for scholarship consideration through this online scholarship portal.
- Incoming students are considered for scholarships based on their admission application after being accepted to SUNY Brockport.
- For best consideration for incoming Foundation Scholarships, incoming undergraduate students should APPLY BY February 15th
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
CURRENT STUDENT INFORMATION
The scholarship portal is currently accepting applications for scholarships disbursed in the 2024-2025 academic year! The portal will remain open until 11:59 p.m. EST on February 15, 2024.
Make sure to check out the Brockport Foundation Scholarship program overview regarding timelines, log in, and application procedures at alumni.brockport.edu/scholarships or by clicking on the above SUNY Brockport Logo. The deadline to apply for current academic year (2023-2024) Foundation Scholarships consideration ended on February 15, 2023.
HOW TO APPLY
There are two ways to be considered for Brockport Foundation Scholarships. First, you may be Auto-Matched to opportunities you are eligible for after submission of the General Application. Second, you will need to search and specifically Apply-To opportunities that you are eligible for after submitting the General Application.
You cannot be fully considered for any scholarship opportunities without a submitted General Application.
1) Once logged into AcademicWorks, you are immediately prompted to fill out the General Application. The General Application consists of
- biographical questions,
- RESUME / CV information (Academic Achievements, Professional Involvement, Extracurricular Activities, Employment, and Service Activities),
- inserting your responses to four (4) WRITING PROMPTS. Writing Prompt 1 is chosen for you whereas you choose three (3) from six (6) options for Writing Prompts 2, 3, & 4, and
- a RECOMMENDATION from a Professional Reference. With permission from your reference, you will insert their Full Name and Email Address and we will follow up with your Reference.
2) Depending on your major and academic status, you will be prompted to fill out a specific Conditional Application to be considered for multiple scholarships with the same theme. (e.g. Education, Business, Nursing, Journalism)
3) Upon completion of the General Application, you will be presented with Recommended Opportunities. Look over these scholarships to see if you are eligible and then Apply To eligible opportunities.
4) For Auto-Match scholarships, you will be automatically applied for those scholarships if you are eligible. You do not need to take any further steps to be considered.
5) Review your scholarship applications in MY APPLICATIONS. Here is where you can check your application status and make edits to Apply-To opportunities within the deadlines.
6) Check on the status of your reference(s) frequently in REFERENCES. Reach out separately to politely remind your reference(s) to complete your scholarship recommendation before the scholarship application deadline(s).
7) Make sure to search for scholarships that you may be eligible for after completing the General Application. It is strongly recommended that you do not rely exclusively on the system’s unique auto-match feature and the populated Recommended Opportunities. Many scholarships require additional information to be submitted after the completion of the General Application. Go to OPPORTUNITIES and then click on the Ours tab to see the full list of scholarships opportunities. Please read the scholarship descriptions carefully to determine if you might qualify for any additional scholarships. Several of the scholarships listed on the “Ours” tab require no further action from you to apply (those listed with “None required”).
1) Foundation Scholarships applications are accepted annually between November 15th and February 15th of each academic year. The General Application will close on February 15 @ 11:59 pm. EST.
2) The General Application will re-open on Monday, February 27th for current students who are applying ONLY for the following opportunities:
- All Department of Dance Experiential Learning Funds Application: March 1 – April 19 (Dance Students)
- Kirchhoff Family – Find Your Moonshot – Experiential Learning Fund: March 1 – April 19 (Psychology Majors)
- Raye H. Conrad Migrant Worker Scholarship – Deadline: May 15th (Continuing Students Returning for 24-25)
- Douglas A. Feldman LGBTQ Paper Award – Deadline: May 15th
3) Drafted or Submitted General Applications will not be considered for scholarships with February 15th deadlines.
4) Edits to existing applications will not be accepted after the scholarship’s stated deadline.
HOW TO SEARCH
1) Click on the Show Filters button to find opportunities by certain attributes, majors, or other scholarship themes. You may search on more than one scope by highlighting one option, holding down “control” or “command” and then highlighting an additional option. Click “Enter” when finished.
2) Use the Keyword Search to find scholarships.
SIGN UP or SIGN IN?
APPLICANTS – If you have never logged in prior, you will need to SIGN UP before applying. Unless you are an incoming student who is accepted, but not deposited, you will need to use your Brockport Email Address.
- For more information about logging in, click on the SUNY Brockport logo above or visit alumni.brockport.edu/scholarships, then click, “Log Into Your Scholarship Portal”.
Brockport Smiles Scholarship
This scholarship honors a continuing undergraduate student who will...
|4- $2,500 Awards||
Elizabeth More Bretton Scholarship
This renewable scholarship was established to support a freshman with a...
Henry L Bretton and Marian More Bretton Scholarship
This scholarship recognizes one or more junior students who demonstrates...